In this practical work I will study a character of the medieval time "the gentleman."
I will analyze it of several such aspects as their form of being, their ideals, their social context, their armor, their armament, their fidelity and their faith.
The gentleman was a very noble being and of great heart. They will also be several drawings of the armaments and of the gentlemen of that time.
The gentleman was a warrior to horse of the medieval Europe
that it served the king or another feudal gentleman as habitual compensation for the holding of an earth parcel, although also for money or I eat mercenary troop.
The gentleman was in general a man of noble cradle that, having served as page and squire, era then ceremonially ascended by his superiors to gentleman's range.
During the ceremony the applicant used to lend oath of being valiant, loyal and courteous, as well as to protect to the defenseless ones.
- Value: The gentlemen should support personal sacrifices to serve the ideals and to needy people.
This implies choosing to maintain truth to all coast.
The value doesn't mean to be stupid arrogant, but having will of making the correct thing.
These characters had a great value, able to fight with great anger against superior beings that maintained people of the panicky towns.
In the taking of Valencia Pedro Bermúdez, Alvarez Fañez and Muñoz Guztos fights heroically against a much bigger army that them.
The gentlemen were able to face people with more ability to fight, without measuring consequences; As they make it against the León that had escaped and that it was to attack the daughters of Cid.
- Defense: The gentlemen swore when they were ascended, to defend their gentlemen and ladies, to their families, to their nation, to the widows and the orphans, and to the Church.
In the defense of these ideals and individuals
- Faith: The gentlemen that had a strong faith in God allowed them to carry out an entire life of sacrifices and temptations, giving them roots and strong hope against the evil of the world.
The Cid always before a battle, it commended it to God and he/she knew that of Him the luck of the success depended.
- Humility: the humble gentlemen were the first ones in saying to other people when they carried out made of great heroism, giving them the honor that you/they deserve of their good facts.
And leaving or others that congratulate them for their own facts and these he/she offers them to God.
This is one of the most excellent characteristics in a gentleman.
The Cid always attributed the success from the battles to the anger of its soldiers and it distributed the won wealth proportionally.
- Justice: For the gentlemen it was very important to look for the truth mainly, the gentlemen didn't look for their personal benefit.
The justice without tempering for mercy can bring pain, however. The justice looked for by the gentlemen without the flexion to the temptation was the utilized one for them.
The Cid well could have killed those of Carrión but he/she preferred that a trial is made and that you hurts exactly.
- Generosity: The generosity was a characteristic of a gentleman.
To contradict the weakness of the avarice, the gentlemen were as abundant as their resources they would allow.
A generous gentleman can travel the line better between the mercy and the cold justice.
The Cid distributed the goods of the won battles and it was also generous with the defeated enemies Ej:
The count from Barcelona.
Temperance: The gentleman should be accustomed to eat and to drink with moderation.
The gentleman should also be moderate with his wealth, this didn't mean to abstain of them but, not to use them in vain.
Without temperance it could not stay the honor of the chivalry.
The gentleman should control of his sexual appetites.
- Loyalty: The good gentlemen swore to defend their ideals fervently, to the Church and their gentlemen, they would give their life to defend them.
The Cid well Alfonso could have fought against the king and to defeat it, but he was he faithful and it completed his exile ranks
- Nobility: The nobility is the principle of the courtesy.
And the gentlemen should be this way courteous, honest, considerable, generous and illustrious equal to all while they developed and they maintained a noble character with the ideals of the chivalry.
A gentleman is for always an example to continue.
The gentlemen also possessed unyielding commandments:
- To believe in all that the church teaches and to observe all its commandments.
- To protect to the church.
- You will have respect for their weaknesses, you will defend them.
- You loved the country in that you were born
- You won't go back before the enemy
- You will make the infidels a war without barracks.
- You will complete your feudal duties if it doesn't contradict the law of God.
- Non lies and you will be faithful to your word.
- You will be generous.
- You will maintain the well bad in front of the injustice and the.
Times of the chivalry.
This was the time of maximum expression, the Christendom it was the end and the man's object.
He/she took place in the XII centuries and principles of the XIII one. The chivalry was characterized to be virile, austere and conqueror.
This was the time in that the Cid lived.
He/she took place in the centuries at the end of the XIII one. It begins to decline the chivalry.
In this time they register poems, jugglers and stories on the chivalry.
The gentleman changes the war for the loving passions with the women.
The sacred wars lose the sense and the peace makes them sedentary and of they dedicate to the leisure.
The inscription also opens up to the chivalry to all the youths, worthy or nr.
But mainly the religious spirit no longer possessed its soul.
The work of "Don Cuisse of the Stain" it is an important example that demonstrates the decadence of the chivalry.
It was such the decadence that until they made fun of them.
- Big arch: It was a mechanical arqueamiento of short steel that he/she threw small arrows.
He/she took a long time to load it. This weapon could throw dozens of arrows.
Prohibited by the church, most of the gentlemen considered it a weapon that deshornaba, but some soldiers used it he/she gives all ways.
Guillermo had to throw to an apple on his son's head like punishment for not being loyal to the Austrian court.
He was successful.
- Long arch - it was a big arqueamiento under great tension that was difficult to dominate, but it could throw mortal arrows up to 100 yards.
The Englishmen used it to defeat the French in the battle of Crecy (1346) in spite of being exceeded in number 4 at 1.
- Common arch: The most common arqueamiento that will be in Europe, has a range and a limited accuracy, and it was often used the more ones for the hunt that for the war.
- Hand weapons.
- Mace - it is directly an associate nailed heavy ball to a handle.
They broke the enemy, he/she came in the flunky's versions (of long mango) and of the horseman (short-managed).
- Sword - The most common weapon to fight the gentleman's hand-to-hand, era a temperate sheet of the steel that has 1, 20 of longitude approximately.
Blessed by the priest, the sword it was generally the favorite weapon of a gentleman.
The favorite sword of Cid, Sword, it was buried with him.
The sword was more than a weapon, because the sheet and the hilt formed the sacred sample of the cross.
The most common sword was the broadsword. This weapon of double edge was from 30 to 42" you peep in longitude, but only 3 to 4 heavy pounds.
A gentleman could manage this way agilely it in a battle. A bigger sword was the hybrid sword, but that it cost its transfer and use.
Weapons of the personnel:
- He/she rushes - The second favorite weapon of a gentleman, it was made of iron.
The rightness of the lance symbolized truth to the gentleman, and its head of the iron, it forces.
The personnel's older weapon was generally used to push or to throw the enemy of its horse.
The posts were near 3 Mt of longitude and finished off with a lance tip that it would be a triangle.
- Lucio-it was a Swiss weapon that Serbian to defend of the gentlemen:
5 meters long. They used it it stops to hurt the horses.
- It catapults-it was a machine to throw big rocks against the walls of the castles.
A cup or a massive net is carried out low great tension by a rope or a strong linkage.
The tension loosens mechanically and the cup throws its content of the rock, or of garbage, or of dead cows, or of the Greek fire, this fire was very difficult of turning off.
- Toast of attack-it was a wooden structure on wheels that it was to attack to the castles.
During the intent of the Moors to recover Valencia tried to use this weapon in vain.
The gentlemen were people that almost dedicated the entirety from their life to the search of the truth and the justice for the medieval town.
They were guided by ideals and worthy securities of imitating, such as their value and generosity.
They fought for their kings and for the Church, without fear to the enemy that you/they faced with great bravery.
They went in search of big adventures
They were also humble people that didn't show their powers and wealth, but rather it used them, for the well of the other ones.
The gentlemen possessed an unyielding faith in God that he/she helped them and it guided for the roads and adventures that made.
After the time of decadence, it still continued there being people with noble attitudes that lowly were distinguished of the mass.
Today is day the chivalry it is only a quality of very few, it is necessary that every day we are kinder and more generous with our siblings.